And thus it begins...

I went downstairs to get some notes I'd printed off the printer, and announced to my husband:

"The printer claims it's out of ink."

Son Two popped his head up from what he was reading and said: "Oh my gosh! Mom's talking like a lawyer!"

"What?" I exclaim. "What are you talking about?"

"Normally, you'd holler 'The printer's outta ink!'" he explained. "But no, you said it 'claims' to be out of ink, like maybe it wasn't, and you weren't sure."

Oh dear. I think he may be right. Last night, watching Because of Winn Dixie, I found myself thinking "there's a tort... there's a tort..." all through the chase through the grocery store scene and the animals sniffing/gnawing on the state trooper scene (a very good movie, by the way).

And yes, as instructed by Prof. Peppet, we did watch Legally Blonde, as well. (Also a good movie).

Comments

Ryan Kalamaya said…
Wait until you start thinking about accidents when you're in the car....
cublawg said…
Or reading release forms from start to finish.
Ryan Kalamaya said…
How was the first day of class?
Jaded said…
it took three days of law school before my husband created a "no legal jargon" rule at our house. apparently, he didn't think it was funny when i told him that he was estopped from claiming he didn't know he was in charge of dishes because we had discussed it only a day earlier.

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa