Security! Security!

I was talking about HP&theHBP with my husband this morning when I realized... with all the folks in western countries so desperate to find out how book 7 comes out, somebody had BETTER keep J. K. Rowling safe from the terrorists!

Comments

Coffinberry said…
Lol. When I was in 4th Grade, I had just finished reading "The Crucible", and was playing the part of Hecate in "Macbeth". I told the day-care provider (who was a serious born-againer) that I was a witch.

I spent every day after school for a week in a dark corner (as punishment). When my mom found out, I became a latch-key kid forever after. I just found it funny how upset grown-ups get over the idea of witchcraft. (Rolls eyes.)

Current rumor is (and I can find evidence in the books to support it) that JKRowlings is intending HP to be a Christian allegory in the vein of Lewis and Tolkien.
Coffinberry said…
Oh, I concur wholeheartedly. Notice, I said it was a rumor...

Any culture with a significant mythos of Good v. Evil can read a great deal of meaning into her books... multiple applicability, multiple layers of meaning, artfully interpreted rendition of human life, those are what make for good literature.

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa