Saturday
Safeway's donuts ("D'uts" at our house, ever since Son One was 2 and couldn't say donuts right) are a wonderful blessing to Saturday mornings, at $2.99 for a box of 14. Combine with chocolate milk, and you're ready to work all day. Buzz-buzz.
So, the vinyl went down yesterday, and wall-paper went up in the masterbath this afternoon. All is finished in the kids' bathroom except for the installation of the plumbing, which will happen Monday AM. Son Two has been tasked to repair the burst pipe in the sprinkler-system. He dug it all up earlier this week, and is on his third iteration of trying to build a leakless repair. There is something to be said for patience.
Spouse dearest is taking a break from trying to fix what got broke when he was re-routing the wireless system in the house (what should have taken 10 minutes ended up taking him 4 hours); so he's finishing up the last two chapters of HP6.
The Laundry Queen (who shall remain anonymous today) didn't pay attention to how he loaded the washer, and water bounced off the (over) loaded clothes, out of the tub and behind the washer to the store-room under the stairs. So Son One and Son Three were tasked to taking all out of the storeroom, drying it off, running the shop vac around all fixtures and structure and to dry out the carpet. Fortunately, I had discovered it before it was a flood.
Looking at the news, I see we have a tenth planet spinning 'round the sun. I propose the name Dix, for number ten. Besides, that would make another silly name to go with Uranus so fourth graders don't forget their solar system.
Hurrah for Bill Frist's reasoned stand on stem cells. I'm tired of the overwrought emotionalism of the Republican party; Frist's change of heart makes me think there might be hope yet. I'm equally irritated at the other side of the fence, demanding that Supreme Court nominees explicitly express prejudice in favor of their particular issue before being willing to vote for the nominee. (Makes me want to go back and examine history... did Southern Politicians demand support for the previously decided Plessy before consenting to a nominee; I somehow doubt it, since the grilling of nominees for compliance with some litmus test issue is a relatively recent development).
Comments
I'm sure kids everywhere will have a good laugh in their astronomy/physics classes.