A Long Drive

It was the farthest I've ever driven without switching off with somebody. The teens from the 9 Longmont congregations of our church are participating in a Pioneer Trek this weekend. This means dressing up in mid-19th century clothing (which is why the very first thing I did this summer- before the remodeling - was sewing... authentic shirts for my two boys), packing minimal necessities, and pulling their own handcarts and gear along the historic trail just west of Devil's Gate. I was one of the drivers this morning... I think there was something like 20 or 25 Minivans and SUVs in our caravan, quite a little convoy. Up I-25 to I-80 to Rawlins, then up US 287 to WYO-220, then 17 more miles. 4 1/4 hours up with 6 teens (my oldest riding shot-gun, doing the naviguessing). Then 4 1/4 hours back all by myself. It was a lovely day for a drive. Hooray for my CB radio to keep me company. Also finished listening to all my LEEWS tapes. I guess I'll know in January if listening thereunto did any good.

The bathroom contractor commences demolition tomorrow. The drapes have arrived. And I need to spackle the walls getting wallpaper. But I am tired, so nothing more is going to happen today. Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa