I love a parade...

Hey y'all, don't miss the Boulder County Fair Parade, tomorrow (Saturday) at 10:00 AM, downtown Longmont! Arrive early and sit in the shade...

Comments

Coffinberry said…
This is my 14th Boulder County Fair Parade, sometimes in it, sometimes watching it... the 2005 edition had to be the shortest and least attended ever. Bummer.

But it was still fun.
Coffinberry said…
Yes, I suppose you could call me Sister C. But let's not make a habit of it. ;-)

I liked the "The Bill of Rights is not a Fairy Tale" float, myself.

The Libertarian truck was interesting, too.

Of course, I rate parades by the amount of candy thrown at me, and the number of political leaflets shoved in my hand. I got no candy and no leaflets (though my daughter did get three dum-dums and a now-n-later and a frisbee). Even Tom McCoy didn't have any candy or leaflets, and the SuperConductor candidate forgot to display his name anywhere except on his back in teeny-weeny letters.

But the Christians for Israel group was a hoot, as usual. They always crack me up. I wish I had the energy they do!
Coffinberry said…
Oh, and the Longmont Trojan Band sounded great, as usual! Go LHS!
Coffinberry said…
Man, those deep fried Oreos are good... until I barf.
Coffinberry said…
I like seeing the animals and pretending that Wilbur is there with Charlotte watching over him. And I like the Exhibit Building (berating myself each year that I forgot to register for the jam competition in time), with a little plastic-bag to collect all the free pencils and pens and chip-bag closers, and to watch the bees fly in and out of their little tube to the hive to make honey, and the master gardener and all the fliers.
Coffinberry said…
Yeah, an awful lot of the best-and-brightest end up down at Niwot... it's killing the LHS orchestra. :-(
Coffinberry said…
Y'know, having raised a couple of porkers myself (and no, I'm not speaking of my children), I feel absolutely no pity for piggies.

Mmmmm, bacon....
Jaded said…
cowboys, are you sure you're from wyoming? not eating pig products certainly doesn't sound very wyoming-y to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa