The Letter I've been waiting for has arrived...
I pull the pile of stuff out of the mailbox, and peeking out of one corner is the return-address I've been watching for. My heart pounds, and as I put the pile on the dining room table, I tell myself "open it slowly, slowly."
I feel it. Not very thick. Does that mean good news or bad news? I peel back a corner of the flap, and slit the top with my finger. Three sheets of paper, two white, one green.... and a check!
Oh my goodness! My heart pounds as I unfold the letter. "Award of Merit," it says. One of my musical compositions won second place. Cool.
I feel it. Not very thick. Does that mean good news or bad news? I peel back a corner of the flap, and slit the top with my finger. Three sheets of paper, two white, one green.... and a check!
Oh my goodness! My heart pounds as I unfold the letter. "Award of Merit," it says. One of my musical compositions won second place. Cool.
Comments