Another Weekend is Here
The master bath shower will finally be useable this afternoon, which is good, because I expect my beloved and our two oldest to return from scout camp today, dirty stinky and tired (are those adjectives or are those names... maybe both!). I am still picking bits of silicone caulk off my skin, though.
All books, AV, art and bric-a-brac have been removed from the living room, dining room, and master bedroom, and all that's left in the rooms now are the basic furniture. It helped that my husband finished the built-in bookshelves in the basement last weekend; most books found a new home. (Though about 6 boxes of books are going to make their way to some donation center... lots of Readers' Digest condensed books I inherited from my grandma, and all the undergrad/MBA texts we've been toting around since heaven-knows-when.)There are now only 7 boxes of stuff from those rooms waiting for putting back in place when the painting/carpeting is done.
My littlest one has been sick this week, with some sort of long-running cold with alternating chills and fever. Poor thing. She had to miss out on half the week of karate camp. Hurrah for video rentals; they've kept her occupied as her tired body rested on the couch.
The garden looks wonderful, fresh lettuce every day. The pea plants had a surprise in store for us: vivid purple blossoms. I'd never seen pea blossoms that color before, and they're gorgeous. The tomatoes are blooming vigorously, and the sunflowers stand at attention. The rhubarb is begging to be made into pie, and I think I'll do that after washing and folding a couple more loads of clothes. And you should see the bees having a ball with the raspberries! The bramble has never been so abundantly loaded with blossoms. It will be a jam-making summer (oops, the kitchen will be out of commission when the berries ripen... guess we'll have to make freezer jam out on the back patio, instead of regular... or else use the camp stove. Maybe.)
All books, AV, art and bric-a-brac have been removed from the living room, dining room, and master bedroom, and all that's left in the rooms now are the basic furniture. It helped that my husband finished the built-in bookshelves in the basement last weekend; most books found a new home. (Though about 6 boxes of books are going to make their way to some donation center... lots of Readers' Digest condensed books I inherited from my grandma, and all the undergrad/MBA texts we've been toting around since heaven-knows-when.)There are now only 7 boxes of stuff from those rooms waiting for putting back in place when the painting/carpeting is done.
My littlest one has been sick this week, with some sort of long-running cold with alternating chills and fever. Poor thing. She had to miss out on half the week of karate camp. Hurrah for video rentals; they've kept her occupied as her tired body rested on the couch.
The garden looks wonderful, fresh lettuce every day. The pea plants had a surprise in store for us: vivid purple blossoms. I'd never seen pea blossoms that color before, and they're gorgeous. The tomatoes are blooming vigorously, and the sunflowers stand at attention. The rhubarb is begging to be made into pie, and I think I'll do that after washing and folding a couple more loads of clothes. And you should see the bees having a ball with the raspberries! The bramble has never been so abundantly loaded with blossoms. It will be a jam-making summer (oops, the kitchen will be out of commission when the berries ripen... guess we'll have to make freezer jam out on the back patio, instead of regular... or else use the camp stove. Maybe.)
Comments