Snow on Longs Peak

The rainy weather down here last night brought snow to our eponymous mountain above us, its broad shoulders mantled in white this morning. The long summer days collapse into long autumn nights, and the trees begin to show a hint of the painter's blush. If I've gotta commute, I'm grateful for the one I have. It's a beautiful world.

****

Wake-up call for my cluelessness... I didn't for a moment catch on to the South Park references in the writing assignment. As a matter of fact, the only pop-culture bell they rang was that Marsha Brady was played by Maureen McCormick.

I... am... old. sigh.

****

Oh, and he did get on to the Youth Symphony....

Comments

Jaded said…
congrats on the symphony!

it is at least somewhat relaxing to have such a beautiful view in the morning. the only problem is all the people who live here!! imagine how beautiful it used to be before all of us lived here and cluttered the place up. it makes it easy to understand why the native americans considered some of the places around here as holy.

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa