Not wanting to blog about what is really important

meaning the overwhelming Katrina-induced suffering and loss (I strongly encourage you to do what you can, however limited it may be)... or the historic two-empty-spots on the Supreme Court...

I turn to another issue altogether. My tech-minded husband brought this to my attention (he is a Slashdot junkie): Box-wrap Patent Infringement http://tinyurl.com/d5p78
With all of two-weeks worth of Contracts under my belt, I'm thinking "Can they Do this?" (Is there a meeting of the minds, an offer, an acceptance, consideration?) Quickly it becomes obvious that

(1) I don't have a clue.
(2) This really doesn't seem fair. (Ha! how's that for a non-instrumental policy opinion?)
(3) What happened to reduce-reuse-recycle?
(4) How on earth would anybody enforce it?
(5) As a Customer-relations move, isn't this rather stupid? Does Lexmark (oy vey, a Longmont company) have enough of a strangle-hold on all ink cartridges to get away with this? What if we all bought foreign knock-offs, because we didn't want to enter into this contract, eh?

Comments

cublawg said…
The larger issue is the good ol' Lexmark standard. Check that out when you get a chance.

Popular posts from this blog

Mindless painting leaves too much time for thinking - Warning "Harry Potter" Spoilers

And did I mention...

Ok, why I have no pity for piggies