Shots
1957. That's the year you had to have been born before (can I say it any more awkwardly?) to avoid the University of Colorado requirement to prove having had the MMR shot twice. The helpful little letter telling me this recommends contacting parents, high schools, etc., to get the records.
Well, bummer. I'm born after that. But not by much.
And no, my mom doesn't have my shot records. So I contacted my three high schools - and amazingly the school district I started in still had 'some' records. So thank you very much, Metropolitan School District of Perry Township; because of you, I now know that
I got a smallpox shot in 1965.
I had the DPT and polio vaccines in 1965 and again in 1970.
I had measles when I was a toddler, and mumps when I was 5, but I was given a shot for rubella in 1970.
My kindergarten vision was 20/30, and I weighed a wispy 46 lbs.
And intelligence testing at kindergarten entrance was 99+ percentile (hmm).
But no information on the second round of shots, which I remember getting just before going into 7th grade. (I wiggled, so the vaccine gun drew a bloody line across my right shoulder and my mom yelled at me for wiggling... they had to do it again.)
My immunities were tested when I was pregnant with #4 child because #3 child got chickenpox when I was 4 months along... so I can prove that I'm immune to Chickenpox and Rubella. But that's not enough to satisfy the university requirement.
So yesterday, shots being cheaper than another immuno-assay, I got a Tetanus/Diptheria shot and a Measles/Mumps/Rubella shot in my left shoulder, and a Hepatitis B shot and a Meningitis shot in the right shoulder. That, plus the blown blood draw (they couldn't find the vein), the successful blood draw (it was my annual physical and they wanted a CBC +Thyroid function), and the pint of A+ donation the day before with its preparatory hemoglobin stick, I'd had been poked with eight needles within 24 hours (4 to take something out, and 4 to put something in... still I don't think we're quite even).
And this from the woman who had drug-free deliveries the last three childbirths because she is scared of needles! I hope CU is happy!
Well, bummer. I'm born after that. But not by much.
And no, my mom doesn't have my shot records. So I contacted my three high schools - and amazingly the school district I started in still had 'some' records. So thank you very much, Metropolitan School District of Perry Township; because of you, I now know that
I got a smallpox shot in 1965.
I had the DPT and polio vaccines in 1965 and again in 1970.
I had measles when I was a toddler, and mumps when I was 5, but I was given a shot for rubella in 1970.
My kindergarten vision was 20/30, and I weighed a wispy 46 lbs.
And intelligence testing at kindergarten entrance was 99+ percentile (hmm).
But no information on the second round of shots, which I remember getting just before going into 7th grade. (I wiggled, so the vaccine gun drew a bloody line across my right shoulder and my mom yelled at me for wiggling... they had to do it again.)
My immunities were tested when I was pregnant with #4 child because #3 child got chickenpox when I was 4 months along... so I can prove that I'm immune to Chickenpox and Rubella. But that's not enough to satisfy the university requirement.
So yesterday, shots being cheaper than another immuno-assay, I got a Tetanus/Diptheria shot and a Measles/Mumps/Rubella shot in my left shoulder, and a Hepatitis B shot and a Meningitis shot in the right shoulder. That, plus the blown blood draw (they couldn't find the vein), the successful blood draw (it was my annual physical and they wanted a CBC +Thyroid function), and the pint of A+ donation the day before with its preparatory hemoglobin stick, I'd had been poked with eight needles within 24 hours (4 to take something out, and 4 to put something in... still I don't think we're quite even).
And this from the woman who had drug-free deliveries the last three childbirths because she is scared of needles! I hope CU is happy!
Comments
Ah, but the problem is - as my teenaged D&D playing son puts it - the character I play is too "lawful good" to do that. (That Lawful Good thing sometimes drives him nuts.)
But I did think about it. For about a minute.
It just doesn't occur to me to 'not' answer questions. LOL.
Nice to meet you, by the way.