Pleasant Spring Evenings Under a Full Moon

Nights like tonight are my favorite kind, especially after days like today.

The choir sang beautifully at church this morning (even my son, the one singing in the bass section, was impressed with our bunch of amateurs - and he is hard to impress, being as accustomed as he is to high-quality singing in the HS audition choir). The Sunday afternoon nap was lovely. The cool of the basement for a few family games - some playing dominoes, others chess or billiards; eggs and bacon for supper.

A lovely walk, a little bit of catch, a glorious sunset and brilliant moonrise as the children play in the front lawn and us oldfolk rock on the front porch.

Nice respite, before plunging into the last week of school (with its attendant "Mom! Help! I need... you to proofread my term paper... make me a sack lunch... drive me to the concert... find the sunscreen for the field trip... help me make a thank you gift for my teacher... you get the picture.).

Comments

Coffinberry said…
LOL. We're not quite there yet, fortunately. My oldest is but a junior. He wrote his first draft college-app essay yesterday (after moaning and groaning and pity-partying about the pathetic prompts). He's still full-bore into working hard... next year, when AP Calculus and Physics are over, I'm sure it'll be a different story!

Popular posts from this blog

Mindless painting leaves too much time for thinking - Warning "Harry Potter" Spoilers

And did I mention...

Ok, why I have no pity for piggies