Elf Hunt
Tomorrow, the 5th grade is going on a field trip to the Denver Museum of Science and Nature... and somehow, I was volunteered to share the fun. Tonight, I'll prepare my expeditionary equipment : Peanut Butter and (homemade) jelly sandwiches on brown bread, carrot sticks and chocolate cake, in a paper sack; and my cell phone with the teacher's phone number programmed in.
When we arrive, my son wants to go Elf Hunting.
Yes, there are elves at the Denver Museum. I've only spotted one, so far. He is riding the back of a dinosaur in "Prehistoric Journey". My son tells me there are several more, and he's convinced several classmates to join him in finding them all.
There's also a Yoda meditating by a mountain stream and the Millenium Falcon launching into space. I saw those last time, too, along with the angel floating in the clouds. They're in the Imax Theater waiting line room, hidden in the mural. But I didn't see Chewbacca. I'll have to have my son point them out, as we wait for the Nile movie (which we saw as a family during spring break, but it's a good one, so I don't mind seeing it again).
If you want to find the elves, the secret is to ask "Member Services" for the hint sheet. They're right by the front entrance. And if not, I'll just say hello to the elves for you.
When we arrive, my son wants to go Elf Hunting.
Yes, there are elves at the Denver Museum. I've only spotted one, so far. He is riding the back of a dinosaur in "Prehistoric Journey". My son tells me there are several more, and he's convinced several classmates to join him in finding them all.
There's also a Yoda meditating by a mountain stream and the Millenium Falcon launching into space. I saw those last time, too, along with the angel floating in the clouds. They're in the Imax Theater waiting line room, hidden in the mural. But I didn't see Chewbacca. I'll have to have my son point them out, as we wait for the Nile movie (which we saw as a family during spring break, but it's a good one, so I don't mind seeing it again).
If you want to find the elves, the secret is to ask "Member Services" for the hint sheet. They're right by the front entrance. And if not, I'll just say hello to the elves for you.
Comments