Time Passages

I realized last night two things.

First, this is the last Thanksgiving with all the kids at home, as kids. One of our children becomes an adult before the next Thanksgiving, and will probably by away at school come November. And then we begin the phase with someone away on a mission or bringing home a girlfriend, and by the time the decade is out, grandbabies, maybe. But this is the last one with just our own babies.

Which is what reminded me of the other thing. It was the night before Thanksgiving that Mr. Coffinberry proposed. Twenty years, now, I've worn this ring on my left hand. So glad he asked. So glad I said yes.

***

An apple, a cherry, a pecan, and two pumpkin pies sit waiting in the refrigerator (we demolished one pumpkin pie and two lemon tarts last night with supper). Big bird is going into the oven as soon as I finish this. Then, while ol' Tom bakes, I shall try to boil down my contracts outline. Thirty-seven pages is way too long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa