A peeve
"To Flush Out" - to rid, to purge, to eliminate.
"To Flesh Out" - to elaborate, to give body and substance to, to complete the picture.
I realize it's just a slight pronunciative nuance of schwa here, but please, use the right one! I am tired of hearing about people having to "flush out" the analysis of the Open Memo factors. I mean, really, doing that might clog up the toilets in Fleming, and that just would Not be a good thing coming into finals, now would it?
"To Flesh Out" - to elaborate, to give body and substance to, to complete the picture.
I realize it's just a slight pronunciative nuance of schwa here, but please, use the right one! I am tired of hearing about people having to "flush out" the analysis of the Open Memo factors. I mean, really, doing that might clog up the toilets in Fleming, and that just would Not be a good thing coming into finals, now would it?
Comments