Mindless painting leaves too much time for thinking - Warning "Harry Potter" Spoilers
I've been thinking about this (and re-read the part with Slughorn), and whether Harry could be himself a Horcrux. I also considered the Priori Incantum spell we observed at the end of book 4. Here's what we know: 1. That EVERY murder rips a piece of the soul from the murderer. (note to self... did Snape save Harry from ripping his own soul at the time of the attack on Draco and again the attacks on Snape?) 2. The effect of the Horcrux is to capture this bit of torn soul and preserve it, tie it to earth (as opposed, I suppose, to allowing it to descend into Hell or ascend into Heaven), for later reclamation. 3. The soul-bit is preserved in a tangible thing... we know it was preserved in the Ring and in the Diary, we suspect also the Locket and Nagini (didn't Voldemort meet up with Nagini AFTER the Prof. Quirrell disaster?). We know from the Diary that the soul-bits thus preserved contain sufficient personality to take independent action when given the opportunity. (questio...
Comments