A Mountain and A Dress Pattern
There are days when the list of things to do is just too long, you know? I am going to be so amazed when May gets here, and all this is behind me. It's sort of like hiking up a mountain -- when you first start out you think "I've got to climb that???" Then when you're at the top, "Wow! that wasn't so bad. And look at that view!" Until you turn around and see there's another mountain yet to climb.
Went to a church ladies' auxiliary group meeting t'other night. Won
a silent auction bid, one hand-made girl's dress from materials and pattern of my choice. I knew daughter-one-and-only would like an Easter dress (and I just would not have time this year to make one). So last night, instead of studying, we went shopping for pattern, fabric, and notions. The pattern was quickly selected, but we spent an hour and a half walking circles around the brightly colored woven goods. At last she made up her mind. It will be a dress unlike any other, in brilliant aquamarine and spring green.
Went to a church ladies' auxiliary group meeting t'other night. Won
a silent auction bid, one hand-made girl's dress from materials and pattern of my choice. I knew daughter-one-and-only would like an Easter dress (and I just would not have time this year to make one). So last night, instead of studying, we went shopping for pattern, fabric, and notions. The pattern was quickly selected, but we spent an hour and a half walking circles around the brightly colored woven goods. At last she made up her mind. It will be a dress unlike any other, in brilliant aquamarine and spring green.
Comments