Daffodils
Daffodils are blooming... and so is one of the crab-apple trees down the street. With all the rain we had over the weekend, suddenly everything is green all over.
It is insanely busy. CSAPs occupy the younger two. (In case you hadn't noticed, St. Vrain School District is not on the same spring break schedule as CU... so I'm out of school for the week, but they're in. We'll trade places next week.) Son Two had a concert last night, and it was quite nice, but very long (2 and a quarter hours, beginning with "Ode To Joy" from the 6th grade orchestra).
Yesterday, I studied Evidence, and laid out my preparations for the last few weeks and for final study. I had hoped to work on my Education Law outline, but the Sony repair guy called and said the part came in early (yes, my computer fan, like the fans on so many of the other laptops bought by the class of '08 in the summer of '05, decided to quit working last week... I've been keeping it on ice all weekend) and asked if he could drop by and do the repair. So instead of studying, I cleared out two large tables full of accumulated mail, notes, and other junk, filling two-shredder-baskets full of junk mail, etc. Then I took Son Two's viola bow down to Boulder for a re-hairing.
Because Son Two is going away next week, during spring break, and he needs his viola bow to be in tip-top shape. He is going to Austria; Salzburg & Vienna, Sound of Music country. He is going with the LHS orchestra. (Am I jealous? You bet, at least a little. I've yet to leave the bounds of the US of A; this is his second international trip.) We spent the early evening at Kohls, because I don't think his usual outfit of t-shirts and grungy jeans with the hems ripped out quite cut it for the international traveler.
So next week, he'll be out of town. During that week, it will just be Mr. Coffinberry and I, and Son Three and Daughter-one-and-only at home. I think they might be planning some skiing, or some going-to-the-zoo or some such other stuff. As for me, I shall need to study-study-study. Which is what Son One will likewise be doing, because it will be Finals Week for him. He arrives home having successfully finished his first year of college on April 7th. (And I will lose my study-space in the no-longer-spare bedroom.) Where has this year gone?
It is insanely busy. CSAPs occupy the younger two. (In case you hadn't noticed, St. Vrain School District is not on the same spring break schedule as CU... so I'm out of school for the week, but they're in. We'll trade places next week.) Son Two had a concert last night, and it was quite nice, but very long (2 and a quarter hours, beginning with "Ode To Joy" from the 6th grade orchestra).
Yesterday, I studied Evidence, and laid out my preparations for the last few weeks and for final study. I had hoped to work on my Education Law outline, but the Sony repair guy called and said the part came in early (yes, my computer fan, like the fans on so many of the other laptops bought by the class of '08 in the summer of '05, decided to quit working last week... I've been keeping it on ice all weekend) and asked if he could drop by and do the repair. So instead of studying, I cleared out two large tables full of accumulated mail, notes, and other junk, filling two-shredder-baskets full of junk mail, etc. Then I took Son Two's viola bow down to Boulder for a re-hairing.
Because Son Two is going away next week, during spring break, and he needs his viola bow to be in tip-top shape. He is going to Austria; Salzburg & Vienna, Sound of Music country. He is going with the LHS orchestra. (Am I jealous? You bet, at least a little. I've yet to leave the bounds of the US of A; this is his second international trip.) We spent the early evening at Kohls, because I don't think his usual outfit of t-shirts and grungy jeans with the hems ripped out quite cut it for the international traveler.
So next week, he'll be out of town. During that week, it will just be Mr. Coffinberry and I, and Son Three and Daughter-one-and-only at home. I think they might be planning some skiing, or some going-to-the-zoo or some such other stuff. As for me, I shall need to study-study-study. Which is what Son One will likewise be doing, because it will be Finals Week for him. He arrives home having successfully finished his first year of college on April 7th. (And I will lose my study-space in the no-longer-spare bedroom.) Where has this year gone?
Comments