Fall Break
At last! A little bit of a vacation. Since my husband has to work, and the kidlets have school, it's just as well that I've got loads of outlining to do (along with a practice mid-term or two) and an open memo to research. But this afternoon, I just couldn't face studying.
So I made two homemade beef pot pies and a pair of pumpkin pies. They're in the oven this very minute. Mmm-mmm! They smell delish! And the cinnamon crispies made from the leftover dough are yummy, too!
****
Imaginary phone call with Sony:
Sony Customer Service: Hello, how can we help you today? [see, you should be able to tell this imaginary right there!]
Me: Do you have any cat-proof keyboards?
SCS: What kind of keyboards?
Me: Cat-proof. For my Vaio laptop. My cat keeps biting off the keypads, and I have to crawl around on the floor looking for the little pieces, and with with my old eyes, they're awful hard to put back together. I even broke a pin off one tiny piece yesterday.
SCS: Our keyboards aren't designed against cat bites.
Me: Yes, yes, I know that, but apparently your Vaio makes some sort of ultrasonic noise so my cat thinks there's a mouse inside and he keeps trying to get to it.
SCS: It sounds like a customer abuse problem to me.
Me: Well there's got to be a better way to keep these keys together.
SCS: Did you ever think of closing the lid on the laptop?
Me: That's what my husband said to do. But I'll be working, and I'll get up to go to the bathroom, or to answer the phone, and I forget; so when I come back there's little black squares with letters on them all over the desk and floor.
SCS: Maybe you should get rid of the cat.
Me: Oh no, we can't do that. My kids would have a fit! Are you sure you don't have any sturdier keyboards for the Vaio.
SCS: I really can't help you ma'am. Good-bye.
Me: mutter... mutter... and they call themselves Customer Service...grumble
So I made two homemade beef pot pies and a pair of pumpkin pies. They're in the oven this very minute. Mmm-mmm! They smell delish! And the cinnamon crispies made from the leftover dough are yummy, too!
****
Imaginary phone call with Sony:
Sony Customer Service: Hello, how can we help you today? [see, you should be able to tell this imaginary right there!]
Me: Do you have any cat-proof keyboards?
SCS: What kind of keyboards?
Me: Cat-proof. For my Vaio laptop. My cat keeps biting off the keypads, and I have to crawl around on the floor looking for the little pieces, and with with my old eyes, they're awful hard to put back together. I even broke a pin off one tiny piece yesterday.
SCS: Our keyboards aren't designed against cat bites.
Me: Yes, yes, I know that, but apparently your Vaio makes some sort of ultrasonic noise so my cat thinks there's a mouse inside and he keeps trying to get to it.
SCS: It sounds like a customer abuse problem to me.
Me: Well there's got to be a better way to keep these keys together.
SCS: Did you ever think of closing the lid on the laptop?
Me: That's what my husband said to do. But I'll be working, and I'll get up to go to the bathroom, or to answer the phone, and I forget; so when I come back there's little black squares with letters on them all over the desk and floor.
SCS: Maybe you should get rid of the cat.
Me: Oh no, we can't do that. My kids would have a fit! Are you sure you don't have any sturdier keyboards for the Vaio.
SCS: I really can't help you ma'am. Good-bye.
Me: mutter... mutter... and they call themselves Customer Service...grumble
Comments