Fear Factor
For some reason, my littlest one likes to watch "Fear Factor". Not me. No way. Not my cup of tea. They lost me when they had the ladies fishing plums out of a tub of water with their faces... no big deal, like bobbing for apples, only there were scores of garden snakes likewise swimming in the tub. Nope. Unh-huh. No thanks.
Anyhow, I've lurked a long while, like some snot-nosed kid sister, at the various blogs authored by Colorado Law students. Jaded is nearly done now. Buffslaw (that always made me think about a side dish... but I digress) Moop Poin and BolderLaw and the now awol CULaw, and the fascinating (!) recent addition, Legally Intoxicated - it's like listening to older siblings moan about high school over the phone, and wonder what school will be like when I get there. Not that I would know, though... I was the oldest kid in my family. (And we didn't have a phone when I was in hs, but that's neither here nor there.)
So Mwitterone and I read the blogs, hoping to figure out what we're getting into next year. I guess I shouldn't speak for Mwitterone. And do these online thought-streams offer reality, or elevator passes?
Anyhow, I was reading BuffsLaw's thoughts today on the subject of Fear.
Is Fear the only motivator? Do all students get so caught up in the scent of fear, the heat of the race and the panic of failure, that fear is the only thing keeping them going? Is it unavoidable?
I'd like to imagine that it is avoidable. But even then, what I fear is that it is not.
Anyhow, I've lurked a long while, like some snot-nosed kid sister, at the various blogs authored by Colorado Law students. Jaded is nearly done now. Buffslaw (that always made me think about a side dish... but I digress) Moop Poin and BolderLaw and the now awol CULaw, and the fascinating (!) recent addition, Legally Intoxicated - it's like listening to older siblings moan about high school over the phone, and wonder what school will be like when I get there. Not that I would know, though... I was the oldest kid in my family. (And we didn't have a phone when I was in hs, but that's neither here nor there.)
So Mwitterone and I read the blogs, hoping to figure out what we're getting into next year. I guess I shouldn't speak for Mwitterone. And do these online thought-streams offer reality, or elevator passes?
Anyhow, I was reading BuffsLaw's thoughts today on the subject of Fear.
Is Fear the only motivator? Do all students get so caught up in the scent of fear, the heat of the race and the panic of failure, that fear is the only thing keeping them going? Is it unavoidable?
I'd like to imagine that it is avoidable. But even then, what I fear is that it is not.
Comments