Odds and Ends...
I am so easily distractible. When I was a kid, supposed to be cleaning my room, I could get stuck for hours trying to pick up a dictionary from the floor (I just was a little kid, and it was a great big fat worn collegiate dictionary that had cream endpapers printed with salmon spots, and a detailed historical summary timeline in the back), not because it was heavy but because I couldn't stop reading it line after line. I mean, who wouldn't be distracted by that! Right?
Anyway, just now I was thinking of an August day in 1915 Salt Lake City, on Commercial Street, and suddenly wanted to remember where the Tribune building was at the time, so I asked Google the address thereof. Which brought me to the front page of this newspaper, where this photo caught my eye. What a magnificent church building, built in the Prairie Style of the day. Simply lovely. (It is gone, now.)
Comments