Odds and Ends...

 

I am so easily distractible. When I was a kid, supposed to be cleaning my room, I could get stuck for hours trying to pick up a dictionary from the floor (I just was a little kid, and it was a great big fat worn collegiate dictionary that had cream endpapers printed with salmon spots, and a detailed historical summary timeline in the back), not because it was heavy but because I couldn't stop reading it line after line. I mean, who wouldn't be distracted by that! Right?

Anyway, just now I was thinking of an August day in 1915 Salt Lake City, on Commercial Street, and suddenly wanted to remember where the Tribune building was at the time, so I asked Google the address thereof. Which brought me to the front page of this newspaper, where this photo caught my eye. What a magnificent church building, built in the Prairie Style of the day. Simply lovely. (It is gone, now.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mindless painting leaves too much time for thinking - Warning "Harry Potter" Spoilers

And did I mention...

Ok, why I have no pity for piggies