Returning and Repurposing
I created this blog to express my thoughts as the early days of online bulletin boards began to decline. Then my content at this blog diminished as Facebook became the primary mode of sharing thoughts (you can see it in the timeline... FB became a "thing" along around 2008, about when I quit posting).
But FB is just not that pleasant a place to play anymore, and its algorithm shapes my bubble in ways I reject. I do not like that.
So, as I prepare to attend another conference with the StoryMakers Guild, I choose to re-establish this site as where I write and think about writing. However, all the old Esquire Coffinberry stuff will stay here. It is a reflection of where I was, and where my roots are. Indeed, a couple characters, Dan and Anna, in the current book received their first fleshing-out at this blog.
The Flower Woman of Salt Lake is my current project, such as it is. I've been researching its title character for nearly 23 years. She is the gift that keeps giving, and my heart goal is to make sure she is not forgotten.
As for writing, I'm in the middle of moving hundreds of pages of notes, sketches, images, and maps into Scrivener. I apparently approach this book in the same way I approach life: a little scattered and always willing to dive into every rabbit hole that presents itself.
And this tracks my "Clifton Strengths" - top five are Learner, Responsibility, Input, Developer, and Context. Oh how I like to collect information, sort it out, make sense of it. Which is what I've been doing with the Flower Woman. But I'll get there, really, I will.
Comments