Twenty Years?

 I came here today remembering that it has been 20 years since starting law school.

I'm very glad I kept this record of life in the Coffinberry household during such a transformative time! I wouldn't trade those years for anything! And by gosh I am so proud of all the Coffinberrys.

Where are they all?

Well, our cats Pixel and Shadowfax both crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Son One, who was a rising HS Senior in the concert choir when the blog started is a High School math Teacher in Houston. He and his wife have a delightfully precocious 1 year old, who plays with me online (she probably thinks of me as an interactive Miss Rachel just for her).

Son Two, who was the violist disguised as Captain Vegetable, is now Doctor Captain Vegetable, having secured his PhD in biophysics a few years back. He travels internationally, helping researchers use highly technical equipment to advance protein science. And he and his lovely wife are raising four children in their home just outside of College Station, Texas.

Son Three is a civil engineer in South Carolina, specializing in rainwater management. He will get married in a couple of weeks to a delightful southern belle (ahem, expert in actuarial science).

Doctor Daughter One-and-Only, proud owner of two cats Sirella and Frito, is a fully licensed optometrist, defending her fellowship research later this fall. But right now she and her husband (haha they married during Covid, with a drive by wedding reception and everything) are enjoying their 2 week old little girl (who in every way so far looks to be her mini-me) before moving down here to be near us.

And where are Mr and Mrs. Coffinberry?  As for my law career, after clerking in the 20th Judicial District for two years, I opened my own practice where I specialized in disability law, focusing on helping mentally ill adults and children. Meanwhile, Mr. Coffinberry kept working on that thing that needed the digital signal processing design, which eventually culminated in the creation of a climate-science tech start-up we both quit our day jobs to manage. We were helped in this by a couple of my 1L classmates (thank you so much!).  That start-up succeeded beyond our wildest dreams internationally, and then got bought up by a private equity firm. We were in the middle of negotiating that exit during the last set of posts here at the blog, and by December of that year ended up moving to Nebraska (of all places). 

I'm thinking it is time to begin blogging again. We shall see.

Wishing anyone reading this all the best!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa