Wheels of Time

Today was the first time I logged into the dashboard in years... oops! lots of unanswered replies stuck in moderation. So sorry!

Blogging was all the rage in 2005 when I started this blog. But by 2010 most of this kind of conversation had moved to Facebook, I guess. Looking back (can it be almost a decade?) it was a great journal. I am stunned to think that all of my babies have learned to drive, all my boys became Eagle Scouts and served missions, my daughter-one-and-only is herself half-way through the Junior year of high school and is a BSA scout herself, that empty nesting is around the corner, that I have been a licensed attorney for over 6 years now and running my own firm for more than 4.  I was right about Harry Potter being a horcrux; wrong about grandbabies before a decade was out, but right about girlfriends (I even have a wonderful daughter-in-law). In less than a month, I will be 50 years old.

If I never get around to writing ever again on this blog, I want you to know these things. I have no regrets about going to law school in my 40s with 4 kids still at home. I am grateful for the adventure that this life is, and glad you were with me on the journey. The Bible quote in the upper right corner speaks truth for here-and-now, as does this:

For since  the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for them that waiteth for him. --Isaiah 64:4-5.

You can do hard things.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa