Seasons

I just wanted to say that it's ok to live life in seasons. We cannot do it all, and I don't think we are meant to. (That's why King Benjamin said not to run faster than we have strength.) We also aren't meant to do it all alone. That's one of those strange paradoxes of the gospel-- perfection requires both the individual and the community, and the perfection of both is required, but none without Christ. Sometimes, the community gives us opportunities to examine ideas, tasks, and viewpoints we haven't thought to pick up for ourselves. But just because the community happens to be offering them at the moment doesn't necessarily mean it is the right time to do it. It is merely the right time to reflect on whether the offered season might be ours right now. If it isn't your time this time, it might be next time. All things come around again. And when it is the right time, you'll know.

Comments

Coffinberry said…
and if that was a little goofy... blame it on the post-socializing self-analyzing angst... and the vicodin.
Kelly said…
I find the "perfection of the community" part both the most fun and the hardest. Because I thoroughly enjoy teaching and helping others, yet I will complain if it is not on my timetable. I try to remember that the best service is sometimes inconvenient, and therefore a greater gift. But I have a hard time balancing that with the need to just say no sometimes.

Example -- dear hubby is good at saying no, and I wish he would say yes more. But I also know he wishes I would say no more.

Anyways -- just my own mental meanderings.
Laura said…
I appreciate your post-socializing self-analyzing angst :) I think this was for me. Thank you!
Lee Ann Setzer said…
Referring the kids here when they howl that there's no use going to church when you just hear the same things all the TIME!
Emiline said…
Oooohhhh! This is exactly what I needed to read today! I am so glad I read your blog! Thank you!

Mine is here:

www.housewifeclass.blogspot.com

THANK YOU!

~ Emily
I agree. But it seems like something must have happened to you to bring this up. Background info? But then again, this is my first time on your blog (got here from Segullah) and haven't read enough yet. I'll keep reading . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa