Utter dearth...

Logging onto the Dish Network website, I select the service I pay good money for, and scan the entire screen.

More than a hundred channels of nothing! Not one thing to exercise by. Zip. Zero. Nada. Not a thing of interest. How do they manage such an amazing absence of anything at all of interest?

No M*A*S*H, no Waltons, no Little House on the Prairie, no Are You Being Served, no Keeping Up Appearances, not even Law and Order, nothing worthwhile on History or Discovery, no intriguing Biography somewhere, not even a Star Trek, Next Generation, DS9, or Voyager. No Andy Griffith, no Happy Days, no All in the Family, not even Bewitched.

Pathetic.


***

Oops. I lied. I have a larger service than I thought I did. So when I looked at the correct chart, I discovered that Monty Python's Flying Circus is on at 9:00... so I shall exercise to that.

Isn't that just amazing. I have to subscribe to so many channels just to have a slim chance that one will have something interesting on?

Comments

Coffinberry said…
Don't be quite so impressed... it's only day five of the exercise routine; I think I gained 20 lbs last semester, nervous eating and no exercising, and that just won't do!

Popular posts from this blog

Part 8: The Six Young Ladies in the Middle

Part 3: Chautauqua -- The Original TED Talk

Part 2: Farmington, Iowa