Catching up
It is taking my body a little time to adjust to this downtime. I hadn't realized how adrenalized my life had been.
So, since y'all heard from me last:
- Survived Contracts, Property, Torts and CivPro.
- The furnace got fixed.
- I killed my lap top (never in a fit of pique slap your hand down on the quadrant where the hard-drive resides, the drive head doesn't like to make contact with the disk)
- My laptop got fixed
- Attended the Music Boosters meeting. Got jealous to learn that the Choir is going to Las Vegas this spring, and the Orchestra to Austria in 2007.
- Enjoyed the Orchestra concert (though I had to bring the Property stuff to study, sorry to the middle school orchestra... ).
- Attended the elementary school music program where I heard that the other reindeer left "poor Rudolph" out of their Monopoly Game.
- And at the middle school choir concert, I heard that the reindeer spend their off time dancing their little behinds away - and the annual appearance of the Grinch delighted us all.
- The high school choir concert was standing-room-only, and was as spectacular as I'd expected.
- Decided that Dairy Queen (the restaurant, not the civ pro case) has been supplanted by Snow Mountain as our favorite after-concert venue.
- Accompanied the Choir for the church Christmas program.
- And spent this past Friday skiing. Since it was the first outing for my own skis (as opposed to using rentals), it took a couple of runs to get them sorted out (at first, I was thinking I must have forgotten how to ski, but it soon got better).
And now it is time to finally get around to getting some presents under the tree. (I am feeling rather clueless about what to get the teenagers. I've got my husband and youngest two figured out, but I don't know what to get the older two).
Oh, and speaking of the older two, it is now certain that son one will be going to college next year, as an acceptance letter from BYU-Idaho came yesterday. Hurrah! He's still trying to decide whether to also apply to CU; while there is much to be said for the possibility of living at home (much cheaper), there is also much to be said for going away from home and getting a start on adult life.
So, since y'all heard from me last:
- Survived Contracts, Property, Torts and CivPro.
- The furnace got fixed.
- I killed my lap top (never in a fit of pique slap your hand down on the quadrant where the hard-drive resides, the drive head doesn't like to make contact with the disk)
- My laptop got fixed
- Attended the Music Boosters meeting. Got jealous to learn that the Choir is going to Las Vegas this spring, and the Orchestra to Austria in 2007.
- Enjoyed the Orchestra concert (though I had to bring the Property stuff to study, sorry to the middle school orchestra... ).
- Attended the elementary school music program where I heard that the other reindeer left "poor Rudolph" out of their Monopoly Game.
- And at the middle school choir concert, I heard that the reindeer spend their off time dancing their little behinds away - and the annual appearance of the Grinch delighted us all.
- The high school choir concert was standing-room-only, and was as spectacular as I'd expected.
- Decided that Dairy Queen (the restaurant, not the civ pro case) has been supplanted by Snow Mountain as our favorite after-concert venue.
- Accompanied the Choir for the church Christmas program.
- And spent this past Friday skiing. Since it was the first outing for my own skis (as opposed to using rentals), it took a couple of runs to get them sorted out (at first, I was thinking I must have forgotten how to ski, but it soon got better).
And now it is time to finally get around to getting some presents under the tree. (I am feeling rather clueless about what to get the teenagers. I've got my husband and youngest two figured out, but I don't know what to get the older two).
Oh, and speaking of the older two, it is now certain that son one will be going to college next year, as an acceptance letter from BYU-Idaho came yesterday. Hurrah! He's still trying to decide whether to also apply to CU; while there is much to be said for the possibility of living at home (much cheaper), there is also much to be said for going away from home and getting a start on adult life.
Comments